The Embassy of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg in London (England)
is recruiting a bilingual administrative assistant (English/French) (m/f) – 20 hours over 5 days
The Embassy of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg in London is looking for a bilingual administrative assistant (English/French) to join its small team. The 20 hours would be 4 hours per day from Monday to Friday.
As an administrative assistant your work will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- ·Running the Deputy Head of Mission’s outer office in full coordination with other staff members, according to the instructions of the superiors
- Managing his diary, organizing travel and reimbursements, dealing with incoming and outgoing correspondence and invitations in English and French in a timely and appropriate manner, typing, filing and other secretarial duties
- Assuming certain consular tasks such as processing passports and visa applications, taking photographs and finger printing and answering general enquiries
- Helping the Embassy with organizing Embassy events, including receptions and art exhibitions
- Filling in for other absent members of the administrative personnel of the Embassy
The assistant's duties include administrative tasks and other requirements, including those not mentioned explicitly in the previous paragraph, which may be assigned to him/her by the Head of Mission.
- You have completed an A-level or equivalent level-3 qualification in year 13 or at College
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and have a perfect command of written and spoken French
- Speaking other languages is also an advantage
- You know how to use MS Office
- You are an excellent communicator
- Work experience in an Embassy or Government organisation is an advantage
- You take initiatives and know how to organize events
- This position requires a certain degree of discretion and you are comfortable with working both independently and as part of a team
Please note that the labour laws of the UK will govern the contract, including the remuneration.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please email your CV and educational credentials along with a covering letter detailing your current employment, salary, availability and reasons for applying to email@example.com by 20 October 2022