- Statut Fonctionnaire
- Administration/OrganismeEuropean Union Agency for Railways (ERA)
- LieuValenciennes (France)
- Nombre de postes vacants1
Qui recrute ?
The European Union Agency for Railways is an agency of the European Union established by the Regulation (EU) 2016/796. Its purpose is to support the development of a Single European Railway Area, without frontiers, guaranteeing a high level of safety.
The Agency’s main objective is to make the railway system work better for society.
We are committed to achieve this by:
- Providing certifications, authorisations and pre-approval services to the railway sector;
- Providing technical support to the European Commission;
- Monitoring National Safety Authorities (NSAs) and Notified Bodies;
- Assistance (e.g. dissemination, training) to member states, NSAs and stakeholders;
- Developing a common approach to safety on the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS); and
- Promoting simplified access for customers for the European rail sector.
- More details on our activities are available in our Single Programming Document.
The Headquarter of the Agency is in Valenciennes, with additional facilities in Lille dedicated to specific events. Please consult following link here for the Agency’s mission, vision and values.
The SNE will work in the Rail Systems Department in the Safety and Operations Unit under the responsibility of the Head of Department. Due to the sensitivity of the job, a high sense of confidentiality is required from the successful candidate.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- To assist the team on implementing the strategy for the Removing of operational barriers, including the clean-up of national rules on operation and discussions with Member States;
- To contribute to the development of Acceptable means of compliance under the TSI OPE;
- To contribute to the development and updating of guidance and dissemination/training material on TSI OPE and (assessment) of Safety Management Systems related topics;
- To provide technical and operational experience for the assessment of Safety Management Systems for the Single Safety Certificate;
- To fulfil the objectives of the projects, in accordance with Agency’s standards and procedures, relating to:
- the enhancement of railway safety through positive safety culture and integration of human and organisational factors; › the harmonisation of railway operations and management systems;
- To manage the clean-up of the NOTIF-IT database;
- To liaise with external stakeholders, (including representatives from national authorities in and outside the EU) and to prepare related meetings and reports; and
- To take part in dissemination activities for the TSI OPE and SMS operations.
The permanent call for expression of interest is open to candidates who satisfy all the following eligibility criteria:
- Be employed by a national, regional or local public administration1 or an Intergovernmental Organisation (IGO)2;
- To have worked for the current employer on a permanent or a contract of employment basis for as least 12 months before the secondment;
- the SNE shall remain in the service of the current employer throughout the period of secondment;
- Have a very good knowledge of English language (preferably B2 level3) and a satisfactory knowledge of another official language4 of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of the duties pertaining to the post;
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, or a national of the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway);
- To qualify for secondment to ERA a national expert must have at least three years' experience in administrative, legal, scientific, technical, advisory or supervisory functions.
Critères de sélection:
- The candidates meeting the eligibility criteria set out above, will be assessed against selection criteria:
- Knowledge of European rail interoperability and safety regime;
- Knowledge of relevant EU legislation and supporting processes (i.e. OSS and guidance on safety certification and supervision);
- Knowledge of national rules, safe operation, management of risk and the management system approach;
- Experience of the assessment process for safety certification including the application of national rules for operation;
- Proven experience of working in international teams or working groups;
- Familarity of EU administrative procedures;
- Knowledge of French and German languages (B2 level5);
- Knowledge and professional experience in project management methods and tools (e.g. Microsoft Project).
- The educational/academic qualifications and other trainings and the professional experiences must be described as precisely as possible in the ERA application form.
Documents à fournir
Les candidats doivent envoyer leur candidature sous format CV Europass (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/fr/documents/curriculum-vitae) en anglais uniquement à la Représentation Permanente / Mission diplomatique de leur pays auprès de l'UE, qui transmettra les candidatures aux services de l'ERA compétents dans les délais fixés par ces derniers. Tout dossier de candidature devra être accompagné d’une lettre officielle stipulant que l’Etat luxembourgeois continuera à verser un traitement ou salaire à l’agent pendant toute la durée de son détachement. Le non respect de cette procédure ou des délais invalidera automatiquement la candidature. Les candidats sont priés de ne pas joindre à leur candidature d'autres documents (tels que copie de carte d'identité, copie des diplômes et attestations d'expérience professionnelle,…). Ces documents leur seront demandés, le cas échéant, à un stade ultérieur de la procédure de sélection.
Les candidats seront informés du suivi de leur candidature par l'unité concernée.
Les détachements sont régis par la décision de l'ERA relative au régime applicable aux experts nationaux détachés et aux experts nationaux en formation professionnelle auprès des services de l'ERA.(décision END). Le texte de cette décision est disponible sur le site de l'ERA.